This department is started functioning since 01.04.1993.There are 10 no.of police stations(PS) and 01 no.of District Police Office(HDQRS) Nuapada functioning in this district.
Prevention of crime
- Surveillance on criminals.
- Monitoring of records.
- Beat patrolling, mobile and foot patrolling, surprise checks (Naka Bandis), combing operations and raids.
- System of preventive action under the Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code and other preventive legislations; special care is taken of juvenile offenders and atrocities against weaker sections.
Detection of Crime
- Investigation and prosecution of offenders.
Maintenance of Public Order
- Maintenance of law and order during festivals, elections, communal and social disturbances, natural calamities.
- Maintenance of Internal Security & VIP security.
- Enquiring into non-cognizable cases, accidental deaths, accidental fires, etc.
- Enquiring about missing persons.
- Registration of foreign nationals and related enquiries.
- Escorting the treasury, prisoners, juvenile offenders, run-away girls.
- Verification of character, antecedents and records for issuance of passports, arms licenses and other licenses, for government employment, domestic servants whenever required, etc.
- Implementation of various social legislations aimed for protecting the weaker sections of the society and monitoring their social status.
Name of services
Reception Center and Sishu-Mahila Desk
A Reception Centre functioning at all Police Stations with sitting accommodation, drinking water, toilet facility and free supply of paper and pen for writing of reports if any. One Officer of each PS is engaged at the reception Centre for receiving the reporters comming to P.Ss with their grievances. It is a step closer to bring a change in the approach of the police towards the common people.
Name of the Program and Schemes
Crime & Criminal Tracking networking & System (CCTNS) is an ambitious as well as mission mode project under National e-Governance plan. This project was the flagship IT project of the India Police integrating all critical components and aims to offer police services at the next level. It intends to create a National Data Base and a Citizen Centric Portal for interface with the Citizens. National Crime records Bureau has prepared a standardized format in Core Application Software (CAS) and provided to States which is being used by the Police officers throughout the country. The goals of the system are to facilitate collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, transfer and sharing of data and information.
A Citizen portal in the CCTNS system is functioning which is frequently used by the common people mostly for verification of Character and antecedent, request for issue of license for holding procession, function and meeting, verification of antecedents of tenants and domestic help etc. through online.For more information visit the website Click Here
In order to make community policing more comprehensive ‘ Ama Police’ Samities are being introduced in all Police Stations. Separate Units like Integrated Anti-Human Trafficking Unit, Inspector Women & Child Care units are operating in the District.
Community Policing is functioning in the district. All the Police Stations have been divided into 5/6 beats. A Beat Officer/Constable has been engaged for each beat. Ama Police Samiti has been formed at PS level consisting of 20/25 Samiti members. The Samiti Meeting is being held in each month in each Police Station to discuss different matters relating to Crime, Law & Order and other miscellaneous matters of the Society. A District Advisory Committee has been formed at the District level to monitor the functioning of Ama Police Samiti. This sort of Community Policing helps a lot in the maintenance of Law and Order and other crime issues with the involvement of the members of Ama Police Samiti. Grama Rakhies are also engaged in Rural areas of the concerned Police Stations for optimum Rural Policing system in the isolated areas.
100 (Toll-free),07749879020 (DIB,Nuapada)